We believe that in order for pupils to make the most of their talents and abilities, they need to understand the positive behaviours which are important for them to grow in order to develop in to an effective lifelong learner. Our Learning Behaviours Code both explains what these behaviours are and rewards pupils for showing them. We work with our children to develop these skills and both reward them for doing so and celebrate them with parents and the school community through our 'ACHIEVE' sticker rewards.
At Maltby Manor Academy we expect the highest standards of behaviour and good learning attitudes at all times. In order to make sure that all members of our school community understand the behaviour we expect to see, we have a structured behaviour policy which explains the expectations for all pupils. Our behaviour policy is founded on six 'Golden Rules'. These are:
- We are gentle: We don’t hurt others
- We are kind and helpful: we don’t hurt anybody’s feelings
- We listen: We don’t interrupt
- We are honest: We don’t cover up the truth
- We work hard: We don’t waste our own or other’s time
- We look after property: We don’t waste or damage things
We encourage children to follow these rules by rewarding pupils who do the right thing and also have clear and simple consequences for those who sometimes do not.